Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Assignment Blog No.3: Wedding Is NOT Always That Fancy.


         Most of people, well especially young girls, expect wedding, either to attend one or to have one. When I clicked the “PLAY” button, I was expecting an entertainment movie like one of the funny American movie. Apparently, The Monsoon Wedding reflects something behind the wedding, not very pleasant, but it’s crucial for family getting together.
       Honesty, a word we spend lots of time to try to be.
       Actually I really don’t like the bride. I think she was selfish, obsessed with unavailable man and not strong enough to finish her last relationship. That’s kind of woman I am so ashamed of! But she was not that bad, she got courage to tell her fiancé the dirty reality, only because she was frustrated about her affair and almost got caught by cops when they were making out. What a shame! The bride used her fiancé to be her backup. Lucky for her, her fiancé appreciated her “honesty”, and lived in an American style which could joke about his fiancée was still screwing up with her unavailable ex-boyfriend. But he finally decided to forgive her. Oh, good for you, groom! Otherwise the bride would go to hunt another unavailable man.
       Compared to the bride, I love Ria the most. She was strong, brave and pursuing her self-achievement. She was not that kind of girl who can’t live without men. She did something else, such as, to pay attention to her families and do her best to protect them from getting hurt. That showed in two things. One is when Ria noticed that the bride was not that focusing on her own wedding, she went to talk to the bride and gave her the biggest comfort, and didn’t judge. Ria did not just comfort the bride, she also supported the bride’s decision, she respected other people’s lives. Another is when Ria found out her uncle was sexual abusing Aliya like a toy just like what he did for her, she was totally pissed off. Ria yelled on the rehearsal and bravely accused her uncle. I think the reason she did this because she was trying to tell everyone uncle’s dirty laundry and stay away from that nasty man. Because of Ria, her two family members became stronger and gave that nasty uncle a big boot.
       Frankly, I don’t want to talk about the India thing about the movie, I just tell what I fell about those characters. I hate the bride and I like Ria. I like the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment