Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It’s about time to grab your drinks and enjoy the music with me.

       Frankly, I can’t understand the lyrics of most of songs from the blog subject material. Maybe my English is not good enough now, but I can still feel the emotion about how people try so hard to find their true love by those fluent melodies. Well, that totally makes sense: music doesn’t have any languages. (Is that another silly Chinese way I am using to write in English? A moral sentence?)
There’s one song I really like particularly, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. Somehow, it does remain me of those classic black-and-white movies. Here’s the picture from my mind: an old man who is sitting in the couch and listening to this fabulous song, suddenly he remembered that there was a woman who really loved this song, and they shared a beautiful memory about their old love, but unfortunately their relationship didn’t work out and spilt up; years after year, old men’s daughter asked how he felt about this relationship, and he said: “I was just a fool in love.” Honestly, I don’t know if that picture is silly and tacky for anyone else, but it just came out. Or, maybe I’ve watched too much TV.
       Also, there are a few of Indian songs certainly impressed me. Those songs with typical Indian tunes and choreographic beats bring me to an Indian club. Men are shaking their shoulders, women are twisting their arms to build an attractive curve, and the shinny beads from women’s saris reflect the light from the limelight. Personally, I have attended to an Indian dancing class which was a great opportunity to embrace the Indian culture. Those fluent movements and the delightful sounds from accessories that tied on my waist by shaking my body were really excited me. Even though I could barely follow the coach and still moved awkward in my sweaty costume, the song, O Zindag, brings me back to that valuable experience.
       Now, I guess you’ve already finished your drinks after those catchy songs, why don’t we get rest. Hopefully I didn’t bore you. 

(Hers's a picture of Indian dance. Oh, look those saris, is there a girl who doesn't want a shinny dress like that?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment