Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blog No.5: Is gender really matter?

        There is a rule in China that parents can't be told a baby's gender through the ultrasound. It's legal to have an abortion in China mainland. There were Chinese couples who decided to not have an unborn baby, because the gender of the baby was not what they expected.
        Personally, I don't want to have a child, there's nothing maternal inside my body. I can't even play with pets. When I hold a baby, I must be terrified, because I am so afraid of that I am going to break his or her bones. However, if I have no choice, I would prefer to have a girl. First, I will not have to worry about her marriage. Almost 10-20 percent men can't find wives in general, because the number of men are way too much more than women. Second, she will have all my clothes, well, vintage clothes if she wants. Last, I will not randomly have a grandchild from some hot cheerleader. I will teach my daughter everything about safe sex and the exact the name of every part of body.
        Parents want their babies to be the gender they want, so they might abort the baby after they know the gender. Many people accuse that is an unmoral behavior as parents and human being. But abortion is more moral than having the baby and abandon the baby. If parents abort the baby, the baby will not suffer all the feeling of abandon, then the baby become an orphan. In the other situation, parents may not raise the baby for the best, that also is not humanistic.
         We can assume that people like boys more than girls because boys have more strength than girls. In some places are focusing on heavy duty industry, such as agriculture, the parents prefer to have more boys for increasing family income by helping with the work. In China, some very conservative people think that once daughter get married, she is a family member of others that they raised this daughter and never get pay back. They assume that to have a daughter is not profitable.
         As women got rid of all that crazy huge dress and wore a pair of pant, the social status has been changed entirely.
We are not just the roles in out family,
we are not just wives who cook and clean.
We are the members of society,
we can have a job to show our value.

No comments:

Post a Comment